1. Cookies Policy
At Scottish Financial Enterprise we are committed to protecting privacy. Where possible, data collected from a website user is processed anonymously. Any personal information which is submitted by a user in the course of using the website will be safeguarded under the Data Protection Act 1998. This Act regulates the processing of information relating to individuals, including the holding, use or disclosure of such information. Our data is stored in a secure database protected by a number of access controls.
2. What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file of data, often incorporating a unique identifier which is sent to a user's computer or mobile phone browser from a website. This data file stores the information provided to us and in doing so enables us to 'remember' an individual user on any repeat visit. Cookies are used by us to help our users navigate our website efficiently and perform certain functions.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but the browser can be set to prevent this. If a browser's preferences permit it, each website or third party service provider is able to send a cookie to the browser. However, to protect the user's privacy, the browser only allows these websites or third party service providers to access cookies already sent to the user, not the cookies sent by other sites or other third party service providers.
Cookies record information about online preferences, which are then used to tailor a website to the individual. Devices can be set up to accept all cookies, to notify the user when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time.
Each browser is different, so please refer to the 'Help' menu of the browser used to find out how to change cookie preferences.
For more information please see: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Types of cookies used on this site:
- Strictly necessary cookies - Some of the cookies on our website are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. For example, accessing certain information for investors and media.
- Performance cookies - Some of the cookies on our website collect information about how visitors use the website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages.These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our website works.
- Functionality cookies - These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features.
- By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
EU Cookie Legislation Audit, December 2014
Is it linked
to data held
|_ga||Google Analytics||2 years||TOD||Takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor leaves a site||n/a|
|_gat||Google Analytics||Browser session||TOD||Tracks the number of times a visotor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie||n/a|
|ASPNETSESSIONID||Dot net session cookie||Browser session||SN||Unique ID that connects the users requests with the session||n/a|
|FontSize||Amends font size||Browser session||S||Content for browser font size||n/a|
|_atuvs||Social media||10/29/2016||T3P||n/a|| |
* Type Legend
- SN - Strictly necessary
- S - Setting led
- TOD - Tracking own domain
- T3P - Tracking 3rd party
For more information please see Google cookies.
- Domain is the URL of the area in question
- Cookie name is the name of the cookie which is placed on the client machine
- Purpose is a brief description of the reason for setting the cookie
- Lifetime is the length of time between when the cookies is set and when it expires
- Type is selected from the Legend displayed above
- Data cookie holds is for providing any further info on the data you are holding, particularly around anything which may be client sensitive
- Linked to other data is to provide any further info on the cookies relationship with any other sites or cookies
4. News Alerts
The Scottish Financial Enterprise website offers a service whereby users may sign up to receive news alerts in their mail inbox. In order to provide this service, we must hold details of those users who request this service. However, we only use these details to provide the service the individual has requested and other closely related purposes. When people do subscribe to our services, they can cancel their subscription at any time and are given an easy way of doing this.
5. Links to Third Party Websites
Scottish Financial Enterprise's website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we encourage individuals to review them. They will govern the use of any personal information submitted or which is collected by cookies whilst visiting such websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and use of such websites is at the user's own risk.
6. Date and Version Control
7. Registered Office & Contact
Please direct any queries or requests for further information to:
Scottish Financial Enterprise
24 Melville Street